As a result, Google decided to integrate the features of Google Business Profile deeper into Google search, maps, and other products.
“We recommend small businesses manage their Google Business Profile directly on Search or Maps,” said Matt Madrigal, VP/GM Merchant Shopping, in the official statement. “To keep things simple, we’re renaming ‘Google My Business’ to ‘Google Business Profile.’.
What’s New with Google Business Profile?
The rebranded version of Google My Business will offer even more functionality and upgradation, as stated by Google.
What does this mean for the thousands of businesses across the globe using Google My Business?
How these changes will impact the millions of merchants, already operating on the previous version? Will it affect their local SEO campaigns?
Well, talking about the new features, you can now easily edit your information on My Business Profile directly from search results. You can also verify your address and contact details, change your phone number, update your website, add photos, and more!
All you need to do is to search “Your Company Name” on Google Maps. Once you do this, you will see a link at the top of the page labeled “Verify Your Business”. Clicking on this will bring you to a screen where you can add information about your company and correct any problems with your account.
You also can edit your business information directly from Google Search or Google Maps, including your address and business hours. You also can make new posts, respond to reviews, and more, right from the Search or Maps with the new version of Google My Business.
Snippet Of New Features, Rolled Through Google Business Profile
- Google Search & Google Maps will soon allow merchants to verify their business information for Google Business Profile.
- Business owners can connect with the customers through messaging, directly from Search.
- US- and Canada-based sellers can get information about the phone numbers that called them directly from the Google Business Profile.
- Merchants can now control “Message Read Receipt” options in Google Search and Google Map.
New features. Google also announced some new features with this announcement. The new features include:
- Claim and verify your Google Business Profile directly in Google Search and Google Maps
- Call History is officially launching in US and Canada
- Messaging can be done directly from Google Search
- Message read receipts can be controlled in Google Search and Maps
How Google Business Profiles Will Affect Local SEO?
Local businesses should claim their Google My Business profile because it will help them to appear on Google Maps and Google Search results. But claiming your Google Business Profile isn’t enough – you need to optimize it regularly. You also need to keep an eye out for changes in your listing that could affect its ranking.
Updating your Google Business Profile is important to your success because it helps you get found online. A study conducted by IPSOS stated that an up-to date Google Business Profile:
- Is 2.7x more likely to be credible & reputable
- Is 50% more probable to initiate a purchase
- Is 70% more expected to attract local customers
- Likely to get 7x more clicks
Stay Updated with Google’s Guidelines – The Golden SEO Rule
Caution: Google Business Profile is an arena, solely owned and operated by Google. It’s Google’s home ground and violating any rules means getting your account adjourned.
With Google Business Profile, you can manage all aspects of your local business presence, including listings and reviews, directly through Google Search. You can also create custom pages to share tips and tricks about your business, provide directions, and more.
Plus, you can add services like online appointment booking, digital coupons, and even free shipping! Just remember, whatever info you’re adding to your Google Business Profile, make sure they all are legit and valid.
You should always refer to Google’s Terms & Conditions while creating and managing your account., else your account may get suspended by Google.
Steps To Manage Your Google Business Profile
Multi-Location Businesses: If your business has multiple locations, you should use the Business Profile Manager dashboard to manage them all. You get the most flexibility when using the Business Profile Manager - you can quickly add or remove clients, edit information, and change settings.
Single Location Businesses: If you are a local business with a single operating location, managing your Google Business Profile is easy through Google Search and Google Maps app.
Simply log in with your Gmail email address to manage your Google Business Profile, type your brand name in the search bar, and a Knowledge Panel and a Google Business Profile edit panel will appear on the screen. Use the features and edit the required field with valid info.
Optimize Your Google Business Profile With Basic Steps
- Always respond to customer reviews
- Enter valid address details of your business
- Include relevant product description
- Keep adding photos
- Let customers message you from google search
- Mention accurate business operating hours
- Use local posts to target the local audience
Why KP Webtech for Local SEO? Why we care...
KP Webtech, a top , local SEO services company in Chennai, works with a mission to empower small and local businesses achieve their best with the power of the web. Join hands with us and grow higher.